06-306 Basics Statistics
first cycle academic study programme (Bachelor degree) Management
- The course purpose is to introduce the fundamentals of the statistical study to students and that they are able to independently perform basic statistical analyses.
Content (Syllabus outline):
- Definition of the basic concepts of statistical analysis and the importance of statistics in the information society.
- Process flow of the statistical study (characteristics and methods of collecting primary data).
- The importance and usefulness of secondary data and presentation of selected data sources.
- Relative numbers: types of relative numbers (structures, coefficients, simple and group indices) and calculation, graphical presentation, applicability in practice.
- Frequency distribution, ranks and quantiles.
- Normal distribution, its properties and use.
- Measures of mean values.
- Measures of variability and concentration.
- Correlation and regression analysis.
- Time Series Analysis (simple indicators of the dynamics, the linear trend and performed time series).