05-317 Economics of enterprise
first cycle professional higher education study programme Management
- The course purpose is to provide students with the fundamental knowledge of the economics of enterprise in such a way that they can link and upgrade that knowledge with other economic topics in of the study programme. Economics of enterprise is therefore the basis for getting to know the economic laws within an enterprise, while knowledge about these laws is what the prospective graduates need when making business decisions.
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Economizing and economics of enterprise.
- Application of cost theory within economics of enterprise and cost control in business operation.
- Analysis of supply and demand in the context of the in-depth analysis of the elasticity of demand and supply.
- Analysis of a break-even point.
- Market structures and firm behaviour (perfect competition, monopoly and monopolist competition).
- Cost price calculation.
- Analysis of the enterprise’s performance (business performance indicators, ABC method).
- The role of the necessary investment in current assets for business
operation and application of one-period investment calculations in an