05-303 Mathematics for Management
first cycle professional higher education study programme Management
Course Supervisor: Lecturer Matevž Malej
- The basic objective is to introduce the basic mathematical methods of analysis to students and to prepare them to independently perform basic mathematical analysis in management.
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Mathematics for management - why?
- Sets, operations between sets and sets of numbers, rules of calculation in real numbers.
- Elementary and some other important functions in the economic theory, their properties and graphs (linear and quadratic functions, polynomials, rational functions, exponential functions, logarithmic functions).
- Derivative of a function and its use.
- Ratios and cross-multiplication.
- Sequences: basic properties, arithmetic and geometric progression.
- Series, geometric series.
- Matrices, operations between them, equation solving and equation use in the economic problems.
- Basic terms of financial mathematics.
- Simple interest.
- Compound interest.
- Examples from the financial mathematics (applications, annuities, credits...).