05-331 From ideas to product
first cycle professional higher education study programme Management
Course Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Aleksander Janeš
- The manufacturing of products and/or the provision of services is the central business function of each organisation (companies, non-profit organisations, state institutions, etc.), since the organisation by providing products and services to the customers, fulfills its basic mission and thus justifies the reason for its existence.
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Basics of process approach and managers’ process tools.
- Product management: from idea to market product.
- Mass customisation and open innovation: development of goods and services through the user perspective.
- Lean company and efficiency of operations.
- State-of-the-art technologies in manufacturing and services.
- Operations strategies in a global business environment and supply chain management.
- Environmental perspectives of business.