05-310 Business English 1
first cycle professional higher education study programme Management
- To master English for business purposes - level B1/B2
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Introducing oneself to business partners, management, leadership and governance (language; sentence analysis in context).
- Building business relationships, culture differences, corporate/organizational culture; Business etiquette and business travel (dialogues).
- Business meetings and negotiations (language; expressing opinions etc.).
- Company structures and organization (terminology).
- Presentations (language and style).
- Selected topics: e.g. Technology and business (AI) etc. (vocabulary, reading comprehension).
- HR/staffing, motivation and job application (terminoilogy, writing), electronic mails.
- Financial reporting, annual report (terminology).
- Topical issues: e.g. finance, banking, advertising, import and export (reading, summarizing, discussing).
- Language in context (word order, articles, tenses, analysis of complex
sentence structures etc.) and translating very short