05-313 Business English 2
first cycle professional higher education study programme Management
- To master English for business purposes - level B2/C1
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Management and strategic management (language), team work and meetings in English (language); problem-based learning (PBL).
- Marketing, e-marketing (language of marketing) and corporate social responsibility.
- International trade (terminology and discussion, language of discussions).
- Finance and company performance (terminology and discussion) and the stock market.
- EU and its budget (language, discussion).
- Business correspondence (in English).
- Topics in business and economics: Business plan and financial management; business start-ups or other topics (terminology, PBL, reading comprehension, summarizing and translating).
- Topical issues: e.g. Mergers and acquisitions (terminology, expressing opinion, reading comprehension, summarizing and discussion).
- Language focus (complex sentence structures, text analysis, writing an abstract).
- Translating technical texts and terminology; translation