05-312 Business Statistics
first cycle professional study programme (Bachelor degree) Management
Course Supervisor: Assist. Prof. Borut Kodrič
- The course purpose is to introduce students to the fundamentals of the statistical research process and enable them to apply basic statistical techniques and methods for analysis and interpretation of statistical data.
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Definition of the basic concepts of statistical analysis, relevance and process flow of the statistical study.
- Business decision-making supporting data sources (official statistics, sources in organizations).
- Sorting data (rank-list, grouped frequency distribution, contingency tables).
- Measures of central tendency and variability.
- Dispersion analysis.
- Relative numbers.
- Time series analysis (trend, simple dynamics indicators).
- Analysis of selected indicators on various levels of economic analysis.