06-302 UN Study and ICT practicum
first cycle university study programme Management
Course Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Viktorija Florjančič
- Introduction to study, learning and mastering learning skills and development of ICT skills.
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Studying at the UP FM (introduction to the organisation, working methods, communication).
- Use of scholarly apparatus.
- Learning types, effective learning strategies.
- Setting learning goals.
- Time management.
- Working in groups and teams.
- Web searching: Using Google settings; Searching study materials in different databases (COBISS, scientific paper databases); using remote access.
- Searching and downloading data from statistical portals (SURS, Eurostat) for usage it in spreadsheet programs.
- Spreadsheet program (LibreOffice Cals/MS Excel): Sheets, linking data from different sheets, Formatting cells, tables/Conditional formatting; Using mathematical operations and basic functions; Data visualisation with charts and Data manipulation (sorting, subtotals, filtering).
- Word processor (LibreOffice Writer/MS Word): Editing long documents; Using/Modifying styles; Inserting section breaks, numbering; Using captions; cross-referencing; Inserting indexes: content, figures, tables; footnotes, document footer/header; track changes.
- Presentation tools (LibreOffice Impress/MS PowerPoint: Effective presentation features; Using a master slide/changing master slides.
- Using and linking sources from different tools together and exporting content in different file formats.