06-302 UN Study and ICT practicum
first cycle academic study programme (Bachelor degree) Management
Course Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Viktorija Florjančič
- Introduction to study, learning and mastering academic writing skills, learning skills, and development of ICT skills.
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Studying at the UP FM (introduction to the organisation, working methods, communication).
- Guidelines for writing student papers.
- Use of scholarly apparatus.
- Effective learning strategies, time management.
- Web searching: Using Google settings; Searching study materials in different databases (COBISS, scientific paper databases); using remote access.
- Searching and downloading data from statistical portals (SURS, Eurostat) for usage it in spreadsheet programs.
- Spreadsheet program (LibreOffice Cals/MS Excel): Sheets, linking data from different sheets, Formatting cells, tables/Conditional formatting; Using mathematical operations and basic functions; Data visualisation with charts and Data manipulation (sorting, subtotals, filtering).
- Word processor (LibreOffice Writer/MS Word): Editing long documents; Using/Modifying styles; Inserting section breaks, numbering; Using captions; cross-referencing; Inserting indexes: content, figures, tables; footnotes, document footer/header; track changes.
- Presentation tools (LibreOffice Impress/MS PowerPoint: Effective presentation features; Using a master slide/changing master slides.
- Using and linking sources from different tools together and exporting content in different file formats.