Guest Lecturer - Martin Jordan
The guest lecture was conducted by professor dr. ing. Martin Jordan from the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. During his stay as a guest professor at our Faculty of Management from 30-31 May 2019, lecture was organized in the framework of the Bachelor Degree in Management, in the subject Management of Sustainable Development, delivered by prof. dr. Klemen Kavčič.
Photo: UP FM
Within 2 blocks of 3 hours each the students discussed the main reasons, where production facilities cannot work any more like we have learned from Taylor in former times. By means of two business simulations – “dice game” of E. Goldratt and a “Lego” car factory – the following principles were elaborated:
- Change of customer behaviour,
- Who has the biggest impact on product costs,
- Quality aspects,
- Internal and external bottleneck management,
- Stability of processes,
- Visual management,
- Calculation of output of a production line,
- Identification and elimination of non value adding activities (waste).