Guide for Authors
Submissions The manuscripts should be submitted as e-mail attachment to the editorial office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We accept files created with all major word processing packages, but prefer MS Word and LaTeX (papers with a large number of equations should be created with LaTeX).
- The editors reserve the right to return to authors, without peer review, improperly formatted manuscripts.
- Papers should be between 5000 and 6000 words in length, accompanied by a 100--150-word abstract (the abstract should briefly describe the background and purposes of the study, the methods used, the main findings, and the conclusions), and 3–5 key words and two areas of JEL Classification on a separate sheet.
- The title page must list full title, author(s) address, and e-mail.
- Paper size should be A4. Margins should be set for a 25 mm (1 in.) top, bottom, left, and right. The point size should be 12 and the font should be Times New Roman. Italics should be used for emphasis and bold for headings. Put blank lines between paragraphs and differentiate major and minor headings.
- Footnotes are not permitted. Endnotes are permissible but should be kept to a minimum.
- Tables should be incorporated into the text.
- Line drawings should be submitted as vector EPS files. Bitmap figures should be submitted as JPG or TIFF files; bitmap figures should be least 300 dpi resolution. All figures should be at least 110 mm wide when printed. If the paper contains graphs, we would appreciate that you also e-mail them in a separate Excel file.
- Tables, figures and graphs should not be obtained from the already published works. The number of figures, graphs and/or tables combined is limited to 7.
References References should be formatted according to The Chicago Manual of Style (University of Chicago Press 2010). The author-date system of citation for references should be used in the text, followed by page number if a direct quotation is given, e.g., Jackson (1979, 181). The alphabetized reference list should be titled ‘References’ with entries in the following format (please note that initials should be used for the authors' names):
- Beech, M. H. 1982. ‘The Domestic Realm in the Lives of Hindu Women in Calcutta.’ In Separate Worlds: Studies of Purdah in South Asia, edited by H. Papanek and G. Minault, 110–38. Delhi: Chanakya.
- Jackson, R. 1979. ‘Running Down the Up-Escalator: Regional Inequality in Papua New Guinea.’ Australian Geographer 14 (5): 175–84.
- Lynd, R., and H. Lynd. 1929. Middletown: A study in American Culture. New York: Harcourt, Brace and World.
- University of Chicago Press. 2010. The Chicago Manual of Style. 16th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
The Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide is available at http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html.
Copy Editing Papers should be copy-edited and spell-checked before submission. British English should be used throughout.
Publishing Ethics and Malpractice Statement By submitting a manuscript authors certify that their manuscripts are their original work, that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere, and that they have identified all sources used in the creation of their manuscript. Submitted manuscripts may be subject to checks in order to detect instances of plagiarism.
Reviewers perform work for the journal on a volunteer basis; they are obligated to disclose to Editor any conflicts of interest, to keep information pertaining to the manuscript confidential and to evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content. Reviewers should argue their statements and personal criticism is not permitted.
The final decision for the publication of a submitted manuscript is the responsibility of the Editors. The Editors should confer with the members of the Editorial Board in making this decision. All submissions will receive an answer from the editors, either if the manuscript is rejected or accepted for publication. Manuscripts should be processed in less than 6 months from the date of submission.
Authors, Editors and Reviewers should follow guidelines and standards developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Peer Review All manuscripts are double-blind peer reviewed by at least two independent reviewers using a standard review form.
Proofs Page proofs in PDF format will be sent by e-mail to the corresponding author; proofs should be corrected and returned within five days. PDF files can be annotated using freely available Adobe Reader. Proofs should be used only for checking the typesetting, editing, completeness and correctness of the paper. Significant changes to the article as accepted for publication are not permitted.
Copyright Copyright for all articles published in Management is held by individual authors. Authors are themselves responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyright material from other sources.
Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to complete the Publication Agreement and Copyright Licence.
Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 License.
Author Fees No article submission or article processing fees are charged.
Management Home Page