06-304 Mathematics for management
first cycle academic study programme (Bachelor degree) Management
- The course purpose is to introduce the basic mathematical methods of analysis to students and to prepare them to independently perform basic mathematical analysis.
Content (Syllabus outline)
- Elementary and some other important functions in the economic theory, their properties and graphs (linear and quadratic functions, polynomials, rational functions, exponential functions, logarithmic functions).
- Derivative of a function and its use.
- Matrices, operations between them, equations.
- Sequences (basic properties, arithmetic and geometric progression), series, geometric series.
- Basic terms of business mathematics, simple and compound interest.
- Examples from the business mathematics (applications, annuities,